What works for you this Wednesday?
Do you know what works for me?
To do lists.
I love lists.
I love crossing things off of them. I love the feeling of accomplishment and seeing what I've done and how much I have left to do. Helps me keep things in focus and keeps me driven.
However, there are some times when they are quite daunting, but for some reason they keep me going.
I just found my list from last weekend and here it is...
Buy nephews birthday present
HT for rain check shopping
Price books for school
Clean all floors - vacuum down, vacuum up, hardwoods
Clean all bathrooms - master, girls, half
Cook for freezer
Bake banana bread
Change garage light bulb
Toss candy that's in coat closet
Clean big closet
Laundry
Pay bills
Order shutterfly pics for granny (free)
Walgreens shopping for Axe and Sinus Buster
Kodak - $15 gift certificate sign up
Edible arrangements order
Clean fishtank (poor fish)
wash and vacuum car
wash and vacuum blazer
oil change car
oil change blazer
Wash dog
Mow grass
Clean front flower bed
Post baby clothes on Craig's List
Daughter's Rx filled (Target for $2o gc - printed out on receipt)
Insurance healthy living points
Here are the things that I got done...
Nephew's birthday present
HT raincheck shopping
Cleaned master bath
Vacuumed downstairs
Cooked for freezer
Baked banana bread
Tossed candy in coat closet
Laundry
Pay bills
Shutterfly pics ordered for granny
That's it... out of that huge long list, that's all I got done. I'm sitting here looking around the house now thinking of what I need to do this week. My list is ever growing and I do mark things off constantly but as a mom and everything to this household my list will never be complete.
BUT that's OK with me. Just shows me how much I do for my family, doesn't allow me to forget (mommy brain!), and keeps me moving forward. I don't dwell on what I haven't done because I know I will get to it and my list just shows me how much I have accomplished, not where I'm falling short.
Get you a notebook and carry it with you. Add things to it when you think of something you need to do. Doesn't matter what it is. I'm not going to lie... I sometimes do things I forgot to put on my list and I put it on there anyways and immediately cross it off! Yes, I do, but it makes me feel good and shows me my time is never wasted.
What works for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment