While the girls are little I have figured it’s best to make all the memories I can, spend all the time with them I can get, be a “yes” mom, take tons of pictures and hang out with my girls while they still like me! We know there is going to be a period of a few years where they will think dad and I are the most ignorant people who don’t know what we’re talking about. So before the days come that I long to embarrass them in front of their friends I have decided that the next three months are going to be filled with day trips, singing in the car, making memories and taking pictures (so I have proof that they did like me at one point!).
This year we are going to start with Wet n Wild Emerald Point. It’s not a bad drive from the house so we’re going to start out early and be there when they open so we can play the day away. I have done some research and learned a few things about the park before we head out.
· You can purchase tickets online (no discount for buying online) but this does allow you to bypass any lines at the entrance.
o Day Ticket (48”+) - $33.99
o Day Ticket (<48”) - $22.99
o 60 and older - $22.99
o Two and under – FREE!!!
o They only need 24 hour notice to get group rates… starts at 15 people and would take it down to $26.00 each!
· The only discount tickets I have found is on NC military bases you can purchase them for $5 less than online or at the park.
· They do have combo tickets available for admission and meal or admission, meal and locker. I am going to go for the admission, meal and locker combo for $48.99 because I’m going to get a locker anyways so that would only mean paying $6 more for the meal and that’s worth it considering their prices are always inflated at these places.
· Parking is $7 (cash only)
· Locker rental $9.00 per day – good idea for the dry clothes you want to wear home (take some travel toiletries to wash off before you go home in case the kids pass out!)
· Cooler check is $2.00 per day – however, you have to eat OUTSIDE the park at the picnic tables which they state are extremely limited. This means you can leave and re-enter the park, but you must be get your wristband before exiting.
· No outside food or drinks are permitted “with the exception of unopened bottled water and needed baby items.” I’m thinking sippy cups with juice and a few packs of snacks might be in order for baby items!
· There are 2 kiddie parks since my girls are too little to do any big rides
· Water wings and donuts are allowed in the kiddie areas, but are not approved flotation devices.
I am looking forward to my trip this weekend with my girls! I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:
Post a Comment